In the spirit of the New Year, we would like to share with you some healthy resolutions and tips to increase your health in 2018!
Healthy Resolution Tips.
Overall these 3 resolutions increase your health, reduce pain, and can help manage your weight for a healthier, longer life.
- Exercise More. Appropriate exercise is proven to reduce pain. Sometimes individuals avoid physical activity to prevent flare ups, however, over time this causes the body to become deconditioned and can increase pain. Our physical therapists can also help you create an exercise plan specifically tailored to your conditions.
- Drink More Water. Staying hydrated helps keep your joints lubricated which helps reduce pain. Your cartilage is roughly 60% water and is what cushions your joints, which is why it is important to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
- Eat Healthier. Now that the Holiday season is over (thank goodness), it may be easier to focus on better eating habits. Modifying your eating habits helps manage weight, supports the immune system, and increases your life longevity.
- Make sure your resolutions are attainable and measurable.
- Be specific. If you would like to lose weight in 2018, create goals within that resolution.
Example Goal #1: Lose Weight
Lose 10 pounds in the first 3 months
Exercise 5 hours a week
Walk the dog 30 minutes a day and go to the gym on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Let others know about your goal. By telling others what you would like to achieve, it will help you feel more accountable.
- Reward Yourself. Create a reward system so you have something to look forward to when you have accomplished something. Example: $50 of new clothes when the first 10 pounds are lost!
From everyone at Denali Physical Therapy, we would like to wish you a Happy and Healthy New Year!!
If you would like to schedule an appointment for an evaluation to assess your condition and create an exclusive exercise program, please call one of our two convenient locations.
Anchorage (Midtown): 907-563-2141
Anchorage (Boniface): 907-563-2122